Have you ever left a destination with the information you wished you’d known when you arrived? Something that was missing from your travel guide?
Well now’s your chance to fill in the gaps. Let us know your Travel Guide Gap, by entering our 2017 Travel Writing Competition.
This is your chance to fill in the gaps of your favourite destination and have a chance to win a cash prize of $200.
We’re looking for enthusiastic travel bloggers and travel writers who can write about their chosen destination in 500-2,000 words. Share what you’d wish you’d known before you arrived. (Hindsight is a fabulous thing! Let others benefit from your experience and expertise).
Your submission should show your travel style and personality, so sections of narrative are highly encouraged. We’re looking for an off-the-beaten path, slow travel, insider knowledge, unique and out of the ordinary travel tips and information, about any destination your heart still flutters about.
EMAIL THE ORGANISER YOUR ENTRY
Key Competition Information
Competition Opens: November 1st, 2016
Competition Closes: May 31, 2017
Word Count: 500-1,000, written in first person
Winning submission: $200
10 Runners Up prizes: $10
Travel Writing Competition Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these rules.
2. No purchase is necessary, and no entry fee.
3. The competition will be launched on 1st November 2016. All entries must be received by midnight BST on the closing date, 31st May 2017.
4. Only two entries per person are permitted.
5. Documents should be in Microsoft Word or Mac Pages.
6. Please grammar check and proofread your entries.
7. The competition is open to all. Entrants may be published or unpublished writers.
8. Use the link above to email the organisers your entry (or ask me a question)
Travel Writing Competition Prizes
The winning submission will win $200, and 10 runners up will win $10 Amazon Certificates.
All competition entrants will be eligible for inclusion in our
Anthology Travel Guide , and if selected, you will win two complimentary copies of our ebook.
Travel Writing Competition Small Print
1. To enter the competition you must submit a piece of writing of between 500 and 2000 words on the theme of “what was missing from your travel guide”.
2. Competition winners will be notified by June 30th, 2017.
3. Registration is required for entry.
4. If your submission is chosen for the Anthology, we will include your author bio at the end of your submission and link to your website or blog.
5. Your competition entry must be all your own work. It must not contain any third-party content or infringe the copyright of any third party and it must not be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. We reserve the right to exclude entries from the competition that we consider, in our sole discretion, to be in breach of this clause.
6. The author retains copyright and all proprietary rights in the author’s text, and Birds of a Feather Press retains copyright in the anthology. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no additional payment for such licenses.
7. The winners grant Birds of a Feather Press an exclusive, worldwide right to publish the material, for a period of one year, after which such rights become non-exclusive and the author may grant rights to another publisher.
8. The winners authorize the project editor of the book to make such amendments and edits to the entries as are judged necessary for publication.
9. We reserve the right to publish the names of the Winners and the winning entries themselves, and the Winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by the promoters in connection with publicity for the competition and their entry.